The world is starving for original. Original makes us smile. It’s optimistic, it motivates us. It’s participatory – we feel smart for spotting it through our customer binoculars and become forever part of it. In an era when people are starving for original, your brand story can effectively humanize and communicate who you are, what you do, and how you can help your customers.
These 5 tips will help you stand up and stand out in telling your brand story. The more you share your authentic brand story, the more you will stake your place in the marketplace. As Ira Glass stated, “Great stories happen to those who can tell them.”
5 TIPS TO STAND UP AND STAND OUT IN TELLING YOUR BRAND STORY
- SET YOUR VISION AND STRATEGY: Select goals in your areas of expertise. Ask the questions: What do we do, how do we do it and why do we do it. Articulate how these ideas tie to your strategy. Summarize your efforts in a vision statement or brand promise.
- CONNECT WITH YOUR AUDIENCE: Stand for something bigger. Tell stories that inspire, engage, and motivate your audience. Resonate with proper tone and depth of sharing. Create meaning by centering your story around customers. Reflect their priorities and realities in your message.
- BE REAL, KEEP IT SIMPLE: Define a key idea to rally behind. Be genuine and authentic to your strategy and audience. Use powerful photos and statements that will resonate with your audience.
- SHARE AND LEARN: Find ways to share your story. Listen and learn from others’ stories and how they connect with your brand. Build a network of shared values. Educate your customers and listen to them.
- KEEP TELLING: Storytelling is both compelling and consistent. Find ways to stay engaged and engage others. Watch for changes in your audience and their needs Your story is dynamic, keep it evolving.
In summary, if you want your brand to build strong relationships with people you need to share what you do and what your brand values and believes in. Your prospects and customers want to know your purpose, vision, mission and values. They want to know you, your brand and your heart.